- Professional counseling
- Support groups (including for women with breast cancer and for young adults)
- A telephone helpline
- Live Well With Cancer programs and workshops
- The center sponsors Pet Therapy for children who have a family member with cancer, in partnership with Animal Friends
- Community support groups in the North Hills (UPMC Passavant Hospital), South Hills (St. Clair), Monroeville (AHN Forbes Regional), Cranberry (UMPC Passavant Cranberry) and Johnstown (Murtha Pain Institute)
- Wellness Programs (Zumba, Hands on Therapy, Gentle Yoga, Art Therapy and Reiki)
We provide personalized, individual service, something that hospitals have neither the time nor the budget to perform. Callers to our Helpline during business hours are greeted by a person rather than an automated phone system. The Center offers a selection of nearly 500 informational brochures specifically designed for patients, family members (including children and concerned friends). More than 8,000 pieces were mailed or handed to clients last calendar year. The Center’s social workers personally choose the materials based upon the individual caller/visitor. Patients and/or families are given as much time as needed and are welcome to visit again. By phone (412) 622-1212 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.